5 & Dime Kids accepts most items related to babies and kids. Items must be in excellent condition with no tears, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers, odors, or stains. Only seasonally appropriate items, as indicated below, will be accepted. All items will be screened during drop-off, and any item that does not meet our high quality standard will not be accepted. Check your items in bright light as it is easy to miss a spot or tear when you are preparing your items at home. Please do not be embarrassed or offended when we do not take an item. We check our own clothing at the sale too!
Clothing and Shoes
Seasonally appropriate children’s clothing and shoes in excellent condition in the following sizes:
- clothing: newborn to size 16 for boys
- clothing: newborn to size 16 for girls
- shoes: newborn to big kid 8
Spring Sale only
- Shorts (except for school uniforms)
- Shirts and Tank Tops (meant for warmer weather)
Fall Sale only
- Heavy coats
- Accessories (scarves, mittens/gloves, winter hats)
- Winter boots
- Thick pants (meant for colder weather)
Spring & Fall Sales
- Jeans and khakis (lightweight for spring)
- Solid color Polo-style shirts and shorts (suitable for school uniforms)
- Cardigan sweaters (lightweight for spring)
- Jackets/raincoats (lightweight for spring)
- Dress up items/costumes
- Socks, tights and underwear (in like new condition)
- T-shirts (not too spring-like). If clothing racks are full, t-shirts may be pulled and placed back on the racks during or after the pre-sale.
- Year-round competitive swimwear
- Hair accessories, hats, belts, etc.
Limits on Infant Clothing: There is a 50 item limit (per gender) on infant clothing up to, but NOT including, 6 months (i.e. 0-3 & 3-6). This does not include costumes, coats, infant wraps, or swimwear.
- Nursing Supplies (pumps, bottles, books, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Feeding accessories (cups, dishes, utensils, bibs, etc.)
- Nursery items (potty seats, baby monitors, towels, baby bathtubs, etc.)
- Baby carriers (slings, front carriers, backpacks, etc.)
Bedding & Room Décor
- Bedding sets, sheets, blankets, decorative pillows, etc.
- Picture frames, rugs, clocks, mobiles, lamps, etc.
Toys, Games, Puzzles
- That work properly
- That include all pieces
- With working batteries or you may test the item with fresh batteries and then note on the tag “Battery Tested and Works”
- Stuffed animals in very good condition and odor-free
Books, Videos, and DVD’s
- Books (infant, toddler, preschool, early reader, chapter, series, pregnancy, parenting, homeschool curriculum, etc.) that are not marked in and that do not have torn pages
- DVD’s in their original packaging and in good working order (Note: Please be sure that DVD matches its cover!)
- Strollers, walkers, highchairs, exersaucers, swings, bouncers, bikes, outdoor play equipment, etc.
- Toddler beds, twin beds, bassinets, mattresses, pack ‘n’ plays, changing tables, etc.
- Children’s furniture such as kitchens, toy chests, table and chair sets, child size rockers, etc.
- Car Seats that were manufactured less than 5 years ago, have not been involved in an accident, and have not been recalled. Sellers must call the manufacturer or visit http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/ to make sure that their seat does not need a replacement part or has not been recalled.
- We are not accepting cribs at this time.
Note: Large furniture items that do not sell must be picked up during the designated pick up time on Saturday.
Items NOT Accepted
- Clothing with missing buttons/snaps, tears/holes, stains or odors
- Clothing or shoes that are unclean, out of style, or heavily worn
- Books with writing or torn pages
- Bath seats with suctions cups
- Toys that do not work properly or that have broken or missing parts
- Items have been recalled. Please visit http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/ to double check that you are not unintentionally selling a recalled item.
We reserve the right to remove items from the sales floor that do not meet our guidelines but were overlooked during the screening process.