We are extremely grateful for our volunteer workers and know that you are incredibly valuable to the success of the sale. If you are considering signing up to be a volunteer, or if you are already signed up, here are a few tips and suggestions that you might find helpful.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. You may be standing for the majority of you work shift and we want you to be comfortable.
- Food and drink will not be provided by Five and Dime Kids, so please plan your regular meals around your shift. You are welcome to bring your own drink and snack if needed.
- Volunteers must check in when they arrive for their shift.
- After volunteers check in, they will receive a name tag to wear during their shift. This helps shoppers and others know who to ask for help.
- We will give complete and detailed instructions to volunteers so that they will be comfortable with the tasks assigned to them. If you are not clear, please ask Kathryn for help.
- Volunteers can store their personal belongings behind the checkout table. Please do not bring valuable items to your shift.
- Five & Dime Kids is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Volunteers should not bring children with them to their shift.